Do kids need facial and skin care? This is a question mom will ask now and again. Well, children too need to have their skin taken care of. As a kid, I remember my mom giving me an extra special bath once a week, and I would step out with a supple, soft, and glowing skin.
But it is important to note that there is a great difference between a kid and an adult’s skin. Kids have highly delicate skin, and it cannot stand harsh cosmetic products. For this reason, it is important that gentle and natural ingredients are used to make
face masks for kids.
A child’s skin naturally produces oil. It is critical that the face mask you make ensures that your child’s skin doesn’t dry out. How do you achieve this? Adding vitamin E oil to every facial mask is a great way to ensure her skin stays soft.
Since a child’s skin is very tender and delicate, make sure you don’t:
- use artificial ingredients and bleach chemicals
- use acidic agents like lemon or tomato on the mild skin
- scrub hard
- leave the mask for long (over thirty minutes)
Why Should You Make a Face Mask for Your Child?
A homemade face mask works to replenish and nourish the skin. It will leave your kid with a fresh and beautiful skin glow. Therefore, give your child a face mask to:
- refine her skin pores
- enhance her skin hydration
- promote an even skin tone
- promote skin relaxation
- enhance a firm skin
Here are five recommended homemade face masks for your child.
1. Avocado Face Mask
Mother Nature herself would sue you for failing to use this beautiful fruit’s healthy goodness. To only eat and not apply avocado oil topically on your skin prevents you from getting the full benefits of this fruit.
Often, avocado is referred to as nature’s butter since it is creamy and nutrient-dense. Indeed, avocado is a perfect source of more than twenty minerals, anti-aging antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, beta-carotene, potassium, magnesium, pantothenic acid, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and vitamins K, C, E, and B.
Avocado oil is an ample source of vitamin E. These vitamins play a critical role in treating sensitive and dry skin. How do you find the best avocado oil brand in the market? Look for avocado oil that is certified organic, extra virgin, cold pressed and unrefined.
How to Make Your Child’s Avocado Face Mask
- Add two tablespoons of avocado oil to a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of vitamin E oil and mix.
- Allow your child to clean their face and apply the mask gently, leaving it on for twenty minutes.
- Guide the child to rinse off using clean water.
Ensure your kid has no allergic reactions to avocado. Also avoid getting avocado stains on your clothes.
2. Strawberry Face Mask
Are you guilty of using strawberries to satisfy your taste buds? Most people fall for their delicious taste, but strawberries have more to offer than just being a delicacy. Strawberries are an excellent source of beauty enhancement. This is the reason why leading beauty products rely on their extracts. Strawberries can work miracles on the skin. Use strawberries as a facial mask, toner, or scrub for glowing skin.
Strawberries are loaded with alpha hydroxy acid which is essential for the elimination of dead skin cells. Further, the salicylic acid helps to remove excess skin oil which might result in acne and later-phase pigmentation if not eliminated.
Strawberries possess potent anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which leave your child’s skin healthy and clean.
How to Make a Strawberry Face Mask
- Cut your strawberries and blend them to get a smooth paste.
- Add a teaspoon of vitamin E oil and raw honey, and let your child mix the paste.
- Guide the child to apply the resulting mix on their face, and leave it on for about ten minutes. Ensure that the child does not apply the paste on their eyes and mouth.
- Wash off the paste using warm, clean water.
3. Honey Face Mask
I am yet to find a better and more authentic gift of nature for the skin than honey. Apart from its sweet taste, honey is the secret solution for lesser wrinkles and clear skin.
Do you ever wonder why honey was used on bruises, skin infections, and wounds? Ancient civilization regarded honey as an effective skin treatment.
Honey possesses strong anti-fungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties. As supported by research, when you apply honey topically, you access benefits associated with its antimicrobial resistance reversal and microbial pathogenicity reduction.
How to Make a Honey Face Mask for Children
- Let the child help you mash half a ripe banana to make a smooth paste.
- Warm a single honey tablespoon and mix it with the banana pulp till you obtain a fine and soft paste.
- Hand a wet towel to your child, and guide them to dampen their face, after which they can apply the mask.
- Wash off the mask after thirty minutes using warm water.
Banana is added to honey when the kid’s skin is overly dry. This mask will give your kid significant skin hydrating, toning, and tightening effects.
4. Cucumber Face Mask
There’s a reason cucumber is used as a natural eye-pad in facial treatment processes. By blending cucumber with another natural facial treatment ingredient, you make a refreshing face mask that can benefit the health of your kid’s face. Such are the results of a study which holds that cucumber has potent anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin and other therapeutic advantages.
Cucumber also improves skin health by eliminating impurities which tend to clog your skin pores thereby enhancing the risk of pimples or acne.
How to Make a Child’s Cucumber Face Mask
- Put half a cup of yogurt and a tablespoon of vitamin E oil in a sizeable bowl.
- Cut one fresh cucumber into pieces and blend them.
- Add your cucumber puree to the yogurt bowl and mix the contents.
- Ensure the child gently applies the mixture all over their face and neck. You may also place thin cucumber slices on her eyes for a relaxing and cooling effect.
- Rinse the mask off after twenty minutes using warm water.
5. Yogurt Face Mask
All moms want to keep their children attractive and healthy. You can give your child a healthy and attractive skin tone by treating it with yogurt.
Yogurt is rich in natural lactic acid. This component makes a perfect ingredient for your child’s skin exfoliation needs. Yogurt is an excellent face mask that can soften your kid’s skin. Indeed, studies have linked yogurt with improved elasticity, brightness, and moisture of the skin on which it is applied.
Don’t worry about your child’s skin type, as yogurt is suitable for any skin type.
How to Make a Yogurt Face Mask
To reap the benefits of yogurt as moisturizer and natural cleanser for your kid’s skin:
- Prepare and mix yogurt, warm honey, and vitamin E oil (a single teaspoon for each ingredient).
- Apply the paste on the face evenly.
- Use lukewarm water to wash off the paste after ten minutes.
This mask works efficiently for oily skins. It is recommended that you help the child to apply this paste twice a day for oily skin.
What are your quick and straightforward homemade recipes for kids’ face masks? How do you involve your child?
Amelia is a writer/editor with an endless passion for bringing useful and trustworthy information to the community. She founded stayhealthyways.com, a blog dedicated to sharing quality articles related to health, nutrition, fitness, and beauty. As a typical introvert, Amelia is a perfectionist in work. At times of leisure, she reads, listens to music, chats with some close friends and walks her pet.