How do you celebrate New Year’s Eve as a family? We tend to simply go to bed early because we have little girls. Unless we’re driving home from Alberta, as we are this year (then we hope that we’re home before midnight!). If you’re in Vancouver this year, take the kids down to the Vancouver Christmas Market for their Dry New Year’s Family Celebration on Saturday, December 31, 2016, at Jack Poole Plaza.
The event starts at 11 am and wraps up around 9 pm, so you can plan the best time to head down for your family. This family-focused, alcohol-free event will offer a host a children’s entertainment, live music, food and gift vendors. Ring in the New Year as a family!
This is the perfect event for the young and young at heart to embark on some holiday family fun. Mom and Dad will find it hard to keep up as little ones enjoy the following delightful activities:
- Visit the Photo Hut for a family photo op (save the memories!)
- Take a spin on the carousel (my girls’ favourite thing to do!)
- Keep dry and warm up in the heated Alpine Haus
- Listen to live music from Des Larson, Paul Filek, and BANG
- Get FREE kids glitter tattoos. Choose from fun designs that celebrate the New Year, German-style: A ladybug, a little pig, fireworks, and more!
- Enjoy FREE kids balloon twisting
- Receive a FREE kids caricature: Get a funny artwork souvenir as we head into the New Year
Check out the complete event schedule on the Vancouver Christmas Market website.
Ticket prices are $8 for adults and free for children 0-6. Admission is subject to event capacity.
Wanna win a family four-pack of tickets to attend? Hop over to my Facebook page and leave a comment there! I’ll pick a winner on Friday, December 30th at noon and notify them via Facebook to get their tickets for Saturday.
Please note that the Vancouver Christmas Market is not an official viewing area for the 2016 New Year’s Eve fireworks. For detailed information about viewing zones, visit nyevan.com.
How do you celebrate New Year’s Eve as a family?